Spacetime Spacetime

Nice. The second part of the melody intro'd at around 1:30 was a bit iffy, where it went out of tune, but otherwise, a cool song

MisterJayElectro responds:

Had a problem there; when I would try to put it in tune, it sounded worse. I have no idea how I managed that.

Thanks for the review!

Lava Surfer Lava Surfer

Not bad at all. I winced a little when I heard the Acid preset, but I can't talk :P Perhaps a piano instead? Seemed too synthy, and some parts drowned out others.

Whatever the problems with the instruments, the melodies themselves were awesome. Good job

DjScorch responds:

Thanks! Really appreciate the comment! And yeah i have had a few people tell me that acid part is a little too high so ill probably edit that when i go back and relook at it. And ill see what i can do about the drowning out. Not exactly sure how I'm gonna fix it but thats for telling me what you thought about it!

-DjScorch

Fluid motion Fluid motion

Not bad, not bad at all. Lacks a bit of variation, but that's also what makes it good. The drums sound a bit muted, but again, in some ways that's part of the style. I'd probably try make the piano a bigger part, but otherwise, great job!

NuclearPositron responds:

The variation was intentional, the 'muted' drums not really. But I think they worrk out pretty nice. Thanks for the review!

Final warning Final warning

Not bad, I love the melody, but I was waiting for the nonexistant drop the whole time. Where are the drums?

[NEW STUFF] Rush (unfinished) [NEW STUFF] Rush (unfinished)

Not bad, not bad at all

Pretty damn good beat you got going there! I reckon one way to improve it would be to have a melody come in, like the one at 0:59, but probably higher and louder. Otherwise, the drum beat here is excellent, and the effects superb.

Dyrdi responds:

Thanks for your comment :)

I am going to expand my work on that project!

Arena Battle 8Bit Arena Battle 8Bit

Not half bad

It starts off a bit, well, energyless. The instruments just don's seem like they were the right ones, and theres no feeling of energy to it. Hard to explain.

However, that cannot be blamed entirely on you, the original song might not be great either. I can certainly appreciate the work put into this.

bluerabbit78 responds:

Thanks for the comment! I really appreciate your feedback. I personally like the original song, but I agree that the instrument and pitches aren't quite right, especially at the start.
But I like my work later in the song!
Also, I can't really choose the "instrument" using FamiTracker.
Thanks for the comment anyway!

Pixelated Waters - DKC Remix Pixelated Waters - DKC Remix

Pretty nice!

The melody is sounding great, the bass sounds are nice, just one small itch: The whine. I know it's meant for effect, but it just doesn't sound right sometimes (The other times my ears explode)

BallinFatty responds:

yea, that particular vsynth was difficult to work with. you should've heard the others. the others i experimented with make the one in here with seem like a walk through the park with the care bears...

anyways, constructive critism is always welcome. thanks again for your review, 7, and your time in listening

Secrets - 8 bit Secrets - 8 bit

I like me this!

Sounds pretty nice, good melody, all I would suggest is a bit of perc, ie: noise channel drums. Other than that, love it.

GamekrazzyProduction responds:

Thanks, I am glad you liked it.... Neat suggestion, but I feel that adding drums might be a little unnessassary in this scenario. ^_^

8 - bit mastery 8 - bit mastery

Pretty nice, but...

... 1 thing: The dual/offset melody (Can't remember the technical name) at the start is really distracting, and is just an ear bleeder at some stages.

I think I will download this one, great job.

DiroNomer responds:

Thanks :D

UGO - Rock en el Universo 8bit UGO - Rock en el Universo 8bit

Epic, man!

I like this a lot! I haven't heard the original song, but this rendition must do it justice. You have mixed this well, the sounds all compliment each other, and everything generally works.

Juguito responds:

thanks, man. I tried to do it the closest to the original so it can be called an 8-bit version, I hope you can listen to the original one :)